Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 24th!

Well, I went to the Dr. yesterday.

We had to have a serious talk about how big this baby is? I'm still a bit confused, because for all I know the baby could be just around 7 pounds. Last Friday's sono said he was 7.5 pounds. So, if he's grown like he's supposed to then he's already 8 as of yesterday. So, we spoke about inducing. I do not want to induce, however, I'm a bit scared to have a 9lb baby. I know the Lord created my body for this and it will work no matter how it happens. However, if I have a choice, I'd love to go into labor on my own instead of inducing or a c-section. So, on that note, we set a date for August 24th to induce, however, I'm praying hard that Titus decides to come on his own before then. August 25th was my 'original' due date in the beginning. So, he was confident that he's going to be more than ready by then.

So, what have I done? Yesterday I went to Target, and then went up to my sister's classroom and "nested" for 4 hours! I was an organizing maniac! I have NEVER seen so many school supplies in my life. I didn't know how much I missed them. :) I told her I'd come back up and finish this week if Titus allows. When Peter got home we headed on a date to Sweet Basil so I could get some Spicy Thai food, followed by Yogurtville. We enjoy Yogurland and Yogurtville. I swear the same people own both. After that, we went to Willow Bend mall to browse and walk, walk, walk. We were both exhausted after that and ended going to sleep at 9:30 last night! I of course woke up at 7 ready to go, but Peter has been at work by 6 every morning this week! So, I let him sleep till 8:30am. In the meantime, I made my grocery list, with none other than, Sharpies. :) I don't know what has gotten in to me, but I am obsessed!
When Peter woke up, we went to the bank, to Einstein's Bagels, Costco, Sprouts, and Wal-mart. We were both beat. So, what is Peter doing right now, napping. I tried..but to no avail. My brain won't shut up.

So, that's the news on the Titus front. I'll keep everyone updated! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Good Luck on the final weeks! I was induced with Brody and it really was pretty smooth. I thought I would be upset about not going into labor on my own, but it was actually really nice to know exactly when we would have our baby for a person who loves to plan. Just remember that no matter how you get there (inducing, c-section, natural, etc), it is the outcome that is so wonderful!

Jillian Smith said...

Hey Molly! It was so great to see you tonight and to know that you're doing well! I love hearing about all your adventures in preggo-land, and Titus' nursery is aDORable! I'll be praying for you guys this coming week - yay!
And I never said thank you for your sweet comment on my blog a few weeks ago -- so thanks!! Hope you guys have a great week!

John and Natalee Warren said...

girl, just remember those baby weights are an estimate and you are right that your body was made for this. I will pray that he comes and that you have lots of courage and strength!

Kelli said...

Hey girl,

Thank you so much for your comment! I have seen you from afar a couple of times when you have sang, but it is so packed in there, I haven't figured out how to navigate up there to say hi just yet. :) We have really enjoyed The Village. To say Joe Dan is hooked would be an understatement. We generally sit near the middle/back in the middle section. Next time I will look for you for sure! I don't know what we are going to do about church just yet, but I might take you up on help getting connected if/when it comes to that. We are planning to be there on Saturday, so maybe I'll see you then, unless sweet Titus makes his debut before then. :) Have a great week!

erin f. said...

I think that lack of sleep is probably worse on our babies that half a glass of wine! I laughed so much at your comment. Last night I took benedryl to make myself sleep and it worked, I slept all night long! I was so happy this morning and now I am sitting on the couch celebrating watching Clueless on TBS.

We only have 6 days left (at the most!) I'm going to be so jealous if you go into labor before the 24th because I really don't think I'm going too!

KimBeau Hughes said...

Our babies could totally have the same birthday! Although I am hoping to hold out another week and a half. :) I am praying the Lord helps your sweet little body to deliver on its own. Keep me posted.

ErikaSams said...

How exciting! :) Praying you go into labor before the 24th - but if not - just remember you still end up with your beautiful boy at the end of it all - that's all that matters. :) Yayy so excited for you guys!!

erin f. said...

I was SO very shocked that I had dilated at all, so I think that things can change really fast. I almost didn't believe my doctor. I've been cramping all night and all day today, not consistent really, but definitely a new little thing that's happening. I am now actually worried that I will go into labor before all my family can get here!

Amanda said...

Checking in after my long vacay...so today is the day? I'm praying right now that your labor is going great!