Friday, May 09, 2008

Sad news

UPDATE:
Peter, his two sisters, and two of his cousins are piling in a suburban and headed to Colorado tonight. They will be driving all night. PLEASE pray for their safety!! I HATE that they are driving all night, but what can you do.
The funeral is scheduled for Thursday at 4. Then they will drive back home on Friday all day. I know that the funeral will be very emotionally exhausting for all involved. Renee and the boys are doing okay. Lots of tears are being shed as they stayed in their home for the first time Saturday night.
There are TONS of articles all over google because Barry has a brother named Jeff Maggert who is a PGA golf pro. So, not only are all of the sports papers/etc. covering the story, but so are a ton of Colorado cities. You can google Barry Maggert to get more details. It's just awful.
...........................................................
We had a death in the family last night.

Peter's uncle, Barry Maggert died in a plane crash yesterday. It was his own plane and he was headed to his son's college graduation.

Things are pretty crazy right now.
You can read the article here http://www.aspendailynews.com/

It's Peter's mom's youngest sister's husband.

As we speak, almost all of the brothers and sisters are in route to Colorado. Peter's mom is driving Gammur and Pop Pop and the others are flying. Please be in prayer for their saftey.

Also, for Renee, and her 3 boys. 1 just graduated from college and the other 2 are twins and are in college.

Needless to say, nobody slept much last night.

They are recovering his body from the plane today as they couldn't get to it yesterday because of the treacherous mountain terrain. There was a guy named Jonathan on the plane with him. He was Lee's 23 year old friend going to see him graduate. He survived with a broken leg and collar bone. They had to go in with a helicopter 4 hours after the crash to careflight him to Denver. Renee and the boys are in Denver with him now....
Jonathan said Barry lived about 45 minutes after the crash. I pray that during that time he found Jesus. His mercies are new every morning! We do not know His will, but we believe that the 45 minutes he was alive was for a purpose. His purpose.

Please pray that the Lord would be glorified.

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

Praying for your family right now. I know so many people in that area. I lived there for about 5 months; in Carbondale and Glenwood Springs.

Becky Martin said...

Molly,
It's Becky Homsher from ACU. I've been checking up on your blog and I'm so sorry to hear about Barry. I actually live in Denver now and have been hearing the story on the news. I'll keep praying for your family, especially since I now know the rest of the story.

The Davis Daily said...

So, sorry for your loss. That story you told just hurts my heart. I will definitely keep Peter's family in my prayers.

the thorntons said...

I am SO sorry to hear that news. I can't even imagine what all of the family must be going through. Everyone will be in our prayers! Love you!

annalee said...

praying for everyone.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

So sad. I am praying for the whole family.

B-HO said...

Praying for ya'll Sweet girl!!

carla's gateway said...

I ask YOU Father for the words for your daughter Vivian and her family right now as they come to this hard place in our journey You ordained. I ask that You allow them to be Light in whatever dark places they may walk and that they have the peace of standing safely on the solid rock of Your Truth. Let them know and have the confidence of Your words in their hearts and out of their mouths to those You place before them at this time. ... because You told us we can, we ask!

love you guys, c

Andrea W. said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We will be praying! Love you.

Lauren said...

Molly,

I am a reader from Abilene. I think we know some of the same people. I get to your blog through Chelsie Sargent's blog. I am so sorry to hear about Peter's uncle! I will be praying for your family during this time. Be blessed as you mourn his loss.

Those Tonnes said...

Sorry to here the sad news. I left you a comment on your last post. Check it out.

Those Tonnes said...

I interviewed for the position at the Village, and I got a call back on Thursday that sad I didn't get the position. And you posted your blog on Thursday saying you got a new job, so I thought it was that one. Happy for you either way! I wonder who got the position at the Village?

ThePoeFam said...

Molly, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for Peter's family for sure!

Those Tonnes said...

You could be right, I may have been idolizing the job at the Village. I felt like I was trying to trust the Lord, but my anger when it didn't happen shows I was putting to much stalk in it. Great lesson for me.

kerristarr said...

molly - praying for your family.

Jodi said...

I am praying for your whole family. What a tragedy...

Laura said...

Molly I am so sorry, I saw your Momma at the mall this last weekend and she told us. I will keep your fam in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Molly. Praying for your family.

The Penuels said...

I am so sorry to hear that Molly...I will be praying for you & Peter & his family :) Alli

Amanda said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that!