Monday, May 19, 2008

May!

I feel like this month is taking forever!!! Why? Because I start my job on June 2nd, and have to wait! :)

I felt like it was time for me to update and not have such a sad post on my blog any longer.

Peter and I had a WONDERFUL long weekend. I had Friday off from work and so Peter decided he'd take the day off as well at the last minute. I had originally taken the day off to help with my neice, but she ended up not coming. But, I had someone to cover for me at work, so I just decided I needed it.

We woke up and went for a run. We, meaning, Peter, Charlie and I. It felt so good outside!! And, we went at 8am. No sleeping in for us. :) After that Peter had a meeting and I just goofed around the house. We then went for some "Retail Therapy" at the Galleria. Thank you Jesus for some stimulus money! Although, we spent very little of it. My husband is Dave Ramsey junior. Sort of. :) I'm thankful for that though!! If you knew me before we were married, you knew I was at Forever 21 every single weekend. The Lord has broken me of that! Anyways, we got to the mall and separated. :) We didn't want to be there forever and we had a limit. We had a great time I tell ya!

Saturday I continued my shopping spree as I didn't end up spending it all at the Galleria. I was VERY selective with my purchases. Peter and his dad went to see Narnia....is it wrong that I wasn't interested? :) We all rested a bit in the afternoon. It was much needed.
I then decided to be Susie Homeaker and bake a chocolate cake. :)
Saturday evening I celebrated with sweet Angie B at her lingerie shower! Good times with good people and HILARIOUS stories.

SUNDAY I MOWED THE YARD! Yea, it was my first time. :) haha. Peter said he needed to do some yard work and I just wanted to hang out with him so I asked if I could help. He asked if I'd like to mow and I said, "I don't know how!" hahaaa. So, I mowed the front and backyard..with a mask on. It didn't work because I sneezed my head off for about an hour. Thank the Lord for allergy shots, because it passed pretty quickly.
We then decided to take our cars to the car wash down the road. We rolled some loose change the other night and decided we needed clean cars. We spent an hour thoroughly cleaning our cars out. :) We then headed to a cookout followed by church and grocery shopping.

Overall, it was a great restful weekend!!!

This weekend we're off to The Cottages outside of A-town! Thanks to our friends who created them! :) Another 3 day weekend ahead!

I don't have any pictures. Sorry.

I'm off to get Charlie from her hair cut! :) Peace.

10 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend...and I know you can't wait for the new job but it will be here before you know it! :)

{one question...did you stimulate the economy by visiting anthropologie? if so...then I want a rundown of the purchases!)

Oh...and I made you a new header...I will email it to you!

andydawn said...

great weekend!!! relaxing...can you bake a cake here in a few weeks :)???? YUMMY!!!!

the thorntons said...

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing weekend...wish mine had been the same! It was good talking to you today!!

The Taylors said...

Relaxing and fun...my favorite kind of weekend. (shhh...don't tell anyone...I don't really want to see narnia either) and I don't really know why.

Mindy Rives said...

Another new look? I love it! So cute. Can't wait to hear more about the new job!!

The Durham's said...

Hey:) I have not said Hi in awhile, although I read your blog religiously:) I love it!! You guys are too cute! Bless you!

Stacy Durham

ThePoeFam said...

Your job is going to bring so many great blog stories! :) I'm ready for you to start it! ... And, cute new header!

B-HO said...

Girl you change blog headers like most people change underwear...I love it!

Bekah Sidden said...

I love your new header - what a cute picture. I'm glad Peter is a willing participant in your picture taking. My husband probably would not comply :) I mowed the yard once thinking I was be such a helpful wife - apparently my rows weren't in the right pattern so these days I stick to flowers and the kitchen. It works out well for everyone!
Tell me about The Cottages...

Oh, feel free to put in a good word for me with your fabulous k designer friend - I signed up for her next contest :)

Kelby said...

Can we get a pic of you in the allergy mask mowing the yard?