Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pictureless Post

Every once in a while, there just needs to be words. So sorry to disappoint.

Even though our sweet boy is growing at a rapid rate, and I should be documenting every moment, it will have to wait until next time.

Staying at home has proved to be one of the most rewarding gifts I have ever been given. I think about how lucky I am often. Even though finances are not flowing like the river, I am happy doing what I was called to do. Being that it is the month of November, I've decided to post every day something I am thankful for. Granted, it is November 10th, so today I'll post 10 things.

1. Staying at home. Well, I've already said that. Watching Titus grow and loving on him all day is awesome. He is such a joy to raise. He is a laughter and a smiler! We've been taking him places and he smiles and giggles at everyone! I praise the Lord for that. I want him to experience true joy all through his life. I know the ultimate joy is for him to come to know the Lord at an early age. That will be true joy.

2. Peter. I never knew how much I really loved and appreciated Peter as my husband until Titus was born. I see him a new light as I watch him with Titus. He is my heart and I love who he has become. He takes care of us so well, and the unconditional love I feel for him is unreal. I still get giddy when he comes home from work and yesterday, he surprised me by taking the day off. I'm sure it was more for his sanity and renewing, however, it renewed my spirit as well! I love you P.E.A.

3. Titus. My sweet boy. You are such a blessing. Thank you LORD for blessing us with such an incredible gift. I can only help but praise your name when I wake up every morning to his precious face. You have added a love and a joy I have never known before! Thank you Lord.

4. Charlie. This might sound lame, but this dog blesses my heart so much. She is my partner during the day. Speaking of unconditional love....she loves us unconditionally. Thank you Charlie.

5. Family. Thanks to my parents for basically giving us everything we could ever possibly need in life. We couldn't do life with out them and it's a joy to watch them with Titus. Of course my mom spoils him half to death. She can't go 2 weeks without seeing him. Praise the Lord for that!Thanks to Peter's family for the constant meals and encouragement.

6. A community of believers to worship with. Thank you Lord for The Village Church and all you are doing.

7. Friends. Being that I'm almost 30, I understand the meaning of a true friendship. A friend that loves you because you are a sinner. A friend who fights for you and loves you for who you are and wants only the best for you. Thank you Lord for those friends. You make doing life here a joy.

8. Our health. Thank you Lord for your protection over Titus, Peter and me. The thought of the flu sends me over the edge and scares me to death these days. Lord, you are mightier than the flu. You are mightier than my thoughts and fears. Thank you for loving me in spite of my fearful heart. Thank you for putting life into perspective.

9. A roof over my head and great neighbors.

10. Good food, good wine, and friends to share that with.

5 comments:

campers said...

sweet post! Isn't it crazy the way your love changes for your hubby after a baby!! I never knew I could love B more and then my love like expanded more than ever expected!!! Love you and your sweet boys too!!!

erin f. said...

That was a sweet post - I feel the same way about Todd after seeing him as a daddy, it's the best thing in the world.

Also...just to make you feel better, Ellie doesn't eat all night, but she still wakes up and wants her paci like 6 thousand times. The peditrician told me not to feed her because she has slept all night and isn't acting hungry, just fidgety. But we are still not getting a full nights sleep even though she isn't eating! It's frustrating...the past three nights I have been letting her cry for 15 minutes or so and she will fall back asleep. The first night I felt so bad, and last night I put a pillow over my head! I felt bad this morning when she was all smiles waking up, she has no idea that mom was trying to block the sound of her cry!

HowryFamily said...

Came across your blog through Fabulous K...

your little guy is precious!!! Your fam reminds me of mine :) we too have a brand new baby boy and lab...I stay at home...and love the Lord as well :)

I see you go the Village Church... do ya'll like it? How big is it?

erin f. said...

LOVE the new blog design. I can't believe Titus is already teething! My mother in law was telling me that her kids did that early, but I would have been clueless!

Ellie takes 4 naps a day...kind of a lot, but she wakes up at 6:00am - 6:30am. She usually sleeps at around 8:00, 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00, Usually a couple of naps are short and a couple are longer - I think she sleeps about 4-5 hours during the day...no idea if that is normal or not!

Artist Marie said...

Hello Molly, i am new to this whole blogging thing, but i just came across your page and after reading a few brief things you wrote, i found your life to be very inspiring. Check out my first blog post, i think you'll like it. :)

Congratulations on your brand new baby boy, what a blessing!