Monday, November 23, 2009

3 MONTHS








Whoa. 3 months. Really?










At 3 months you:

*are sleeping in your big boy crib. Sort of. You started taking naps there about a month ago and loved it. You started sleeping there at night this week and did pretty well. For some reason you wake up once to eat and then will go back to sleep. We're traveling all week, so the sleeping thing should be interesting. You stopped sleeping well in the pack and play in our room, so it was easy for me to move you.

*You've slept through the night about 4 times. I'd like to make this more consistent. You definitely weigh enough. In fact, I'm sure you've tipped the scales at 15 lbs now. I need to go get you weighed. :)


* You are wearing 3-6 months clothes and have for about 5 weeks.

*Your hands and feet are still huge. :) 3-6 month socks are too small for you. ;)


* You laugh and talk ALOT! We can make you laugh at a moments notice. You've even thrown your head back a few times, which is hilarious.


* You have become more content sitting in our laps at mealtimes, watching the television, etc.


* You still love your swing and would sleep in it for hours if I let you. Sometimes in the mornings when I'm really tired and want to go back to bed, you'll sleep for 3 hours in your swing. :) I might do that once every other week. We've had some setbacks with sleeping, so momma has been sleepy.

* You don't love tummy time, but will tolerate it for about 10 minutes. I personally don't think you need it anymore, however, all the books say you do. :) So, I'll comply.

* You went to the church nursery at "test service" in the new building yesterday. All the ladies fought over you and your mohawk.

*Speaking of mohawks, never in my life have we gotten so much attention with you in our lives. It's ridiculous! I love it.

*You still eat every 2-3 hours, except at night. You've dropped your nighttime feedings.

*You are enamored by kids! You talk and laugh and carry on when they are around.


* You've started putting that bottom lip out when I hand you to someone in a crowded place. It's random when you do it. Otherwise, you're pretty easy going. However, those times when you want your momma, you let everyone know.


* You have found your voice, and it is L-O-U-D! I wonder where you got that? Your momma...everyone says.


*You will smile at anyone...which I LOVE. I think you are going to be a very social child.


* You started sitting in your stroller without being in your carseat. You think you are on top of the world! You will sit and talk there forever.


* You still have a love/hate relationship with your carseat. Last week we drove out to Allen and back and you didn't make a peep. Then we drove out to Dalas and back and you did great. However, some days, you scream all the way to church, grocery store, etc...which is 5 minutes down the road.

* You are very particular about how you are being held. You hate to be held like a baby. If someone tries you arch your back and cry....a fake cry. You have to watch things...


* Lately, if I sing things to you, you seem to echo those same sounds back to me. It MELTS MY HEART!


* You started teething a last week and that just about sent momma over the edge. Drool encompasses all of our clothing and you constantly have to be sucking on something. We changed your pacifier and got you a vibrating teether. You love it. As of Monday, you finally cut one on the bottom! This makes me very sad. I feel bad for you, because you can't really hold a teething toy in your mouth!

Dear Titus,

You are becoming more of a little boy every day and that breaks my heart! You are a constant joy in our lives and I praise the Lord for you daily and thank him for the miracle that you truly are. This week we have learned of a miscarriage from a close friend and a not so good diagnosis about having kids from another. We pray hard for those best friends of mom and dad's for the Lord to bless them with a miracle. Afterall, you need some best friends. :) I love your huge smile and your sweet coo's more than life itself and I could listen to them all day. Thank you for your constant slobbery kisses and your burrowing hugs.


I love you little buddy.

Love, Momma and Daddy










1 comment:

DuckworthFam said...

I love this so sweet!
I also love your blog! I'd never been before.