Thursday, May 17, 2007

Our new roommate...sss.....

We have a new roommate, or shall I say roommates.
Monday morning I wasn't feeling so well.
I had spent Wednesday through Sunday in Abilene housesitting for the parents dogs. :) They are a handful. Anyways, so I got up after not sleeping much to find this outside of my window. When I actually found her, she and her "husband" were building the nest on top of Peter's soccer bag on our balcony. She is always there when we wake up and has left sometime during the early afternoon. This morning, Peter said she was sitting different on her nest. I looked, and she was more crouched down like she was cold. Granted, it was a bit chilly this morning. So, when I got home from school around 4 I looked outside and there was the EGG! I didn't know where the momma was though. I figured she was in the tree close by watching out. Well, shortly after that, she came flying up onto the next to check up on her baby. As we speak she is nestled snuggly on top of the egg. I can't wait for it to hatch! I hope we are here when it does.



I took this picture through the screen on the window. I didn't want to scare her into thinking I was going to take the egg and make a feast. Haa, gross. My dad likes dove. Peter says it's a dove. Isn't she pretty.

Anyways, so there's my blog-worthy story for the day. THis week has been fairly uneventful. Monday night I cooked dinner. We had salmon, rice, asparagus and corn on the cob. I was tired of eating steak and hamburgers, although I appreciated every single bite I put in my mouth! I always seem to gain a few pounds when I go to Abilene. I didn't sleep much on Monday night due to the steriod injection I got at the local Care Now. It seems as if my allergies got the best of me. I had a 100 degree fever and a throat ache that kept me from swallowing well. I was mad, so I wanted a shot. ;) I'm always pretty wired for a few days.

Tuesday night we went to a birthday party at a place in Highland Village called "Life's A Beach." It's a pretty extravagant place for little ole HV. I didn't think the food was that good for the pretty penny we paid. But, we got some good chit-chat time with the Snetzer's. Peter misses his roomamte Michael. He's got a new roommate and wife now! They were so funny!

Last night we had our last Venture at church. I got to worship with Michael and the band. It was refreshing, but hard. I felt pretty exposed. That always seems to happen when I run from the Lord. Just to get down right honest with everyone, I've been very discontent and frustrated this week. I need to find a job. I am waiting on an interview with the high school I have been subbing at. The head choir director position and the assistant position are open. They found me out! They figured out that I was certified to teach high school choir and asked me if I was interested in interviewing. I said yes. What was I thinking!?!? It's a 6-5A high school with a huge program. Needless to say, the head director has to be hired first. Then, they will start interviewing for the assistant position. I feel like I go back and forth every single day on whether or not I should be teaching again. I hate subbing, so I try not to base any of my emotions from subbing on an actual teaching job. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast. It seems like just yesterday when I was resigning from Bowie Middle School, and here I am a year later, still trying to figure out whether or not I want to go back.
Peter always jokes with me and says, "Molly, I know what job you really want....and that's to be a mommy." He's right, but I'm not so ready yet. Or maybe I am. Who knows. Bottom line, we're not ready together.

Anyways, so that's where I am. Frustrated and discontent. It's showing in my speech and in my actions. So, I am reminded today, that my life is not my own and nothing I have is my own. I want to live standing in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want that to be shown in my actions and my speech. I don't want fear, pride and other things to creep. When that happens, it takes over and it's hard to stop the sin patterns.
So, today Lord, I lay down finding a job at your feet. I lay down the fear of the unknown. Lord, lead me down the road that is pleasing and glorifying to you. Teach me to walk in our ways and be obedient to your will.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

That is crazy that you have a nest right out the window. How fun to watch! :)
I know the feeling of wanting to be a "mommy."
I will be praying for your job situation! You and your husband are a precious couple.

the thorntons said...

I have been where you are, and I know that it's frustrating. When I was down about getting a job, it made me lazy in my daily walk with Christ...so lazy that I was almost embarrassed to approach him to ask for his guidance. Silly, I know. But when I finally laid it at his feet like you have, he started opening doors...or maybe I just started walking through them. Either way, I know he will give you peace in his own perfect way. I miss talking to you!! I'm calling you soon. Oh, and I'm so excited about your new houseguests!! :)

Laura said...

I think that momma bird is precious!!!! I can't wait for her egg to hatch. And I'm sorry you feel discontent and frustrated. Life is full of trying times but you will come out on top! Lots of love and hugs!

campers said...

I am so glad we got to catch up a little while you were here! Molly, You are such a faithful servant! He will be faithful to you too and show you the way! Whatever His plan is you will find out soon!
I love your sweet roomies! I hope Pedro doesn't need that soccer bag soon! When I saw the title I thought you had gotten a puppy!

andydawn said...

ME TOO!! I for sure though you finally picked up a puppy through all your trips to the pet stores :) Hopefully Peter has another bag he can use for the meantime. I hope to see you soon at Laura's shower.

Nat Pat said...

Amen! Praying for you...

chavon taylor said...

geeez. i know the feeling girl. not the bird situation but everything else. jesus come back please!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Molly, I saw your dad at the Starbucks in A-town on Friday morning. As always, it was a pleasure chit-chatting with him, and we even talked about Crestline!

I'll be praying for you! I know Mike and Xavi would love to have you back in IISD, but we'll be praying that God will work His perfect plans!