Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Things to love in April

Watching Mickey while resting on Charlie....
Sharing lunches and dinners with this boy. He eats breakfast in the high chair while watching Mickey...
The library with our best friends Jacob and Natasha...
Waiting on friends for play dates in play clothes......he's ready to dust or something?
The zoo with grandaddy wore him out...
Superhero birthday parties for friends...
Curly haired Chick a Lay dates....that's what Titus calls it.
Eating like a big kid.
Singing in the Passion choir in Ft. Worth! WOW....


And much more..I don't have any pics of Peter and I! Isn't that always the case? Geez. I'll try to be better at this.


We have had a great April so far. Busy!! Mostly me I guess. I've been working part times for a company in Dallas who does wedding and events. It's tiring, but fun! I've also had the opportunity to sing in a few wedding as well. Thank the Lord for the extra moolah...all the while, using the gifts he gave me. We managed to throw in a garage sale too! I'm thankful Peter has kept Titus on the weekends alone while I did all of this crazy stuff. Haa! We have pretty slow, low key weeks. I love that. Then we hit the ground running on the weekends.


Titus is "growing" like a weed. Sort of. :) He was in the 25% for weight coming in just under 25 lbs. He was in the 50% for height. He's very busy and I think Rota virus set him back in the weight department. He weighed 25lbs at his 15 month appointment and managed to lose a few ounces by his 18 month appointment. He also had a throat infection in March that caused him not to want much to eat. Other than those to illnesses, he eats like a champ! He normally eats whatever I put in front of him, thankfully! The Dr said he didn't look underweight at all! I guess he's just going to be short like his momma.


He is saying just about everything. Every once in a while words slur together and I'm like, huh? Haa. He's currently obsessed with counting pairs of things. I gave him a cracker at the Dr. the other day and he looked at me and said, "2 crackers please?" She just laughed. He will point at the objects and say "1, 2...5, 6." I'm not sure where 3 and 4 or but it's hilarious nonetheless.


He has started having nightmares lately. I spent the night at my parents on Saturday night after a wedding because it was closest to drive at 1 in the morning. Peter said he woke up screaming 4 times! I felt so bad for Peter, because he rarely does that! We were all 3 beat on Sunday! He is such a snuggler and a lover though! This causes problems during the day, because he would be content sitting in my lap holding my hand all day long. He consistently walks up to me and says, "Momma, hug?" I always accept. :) He has said I love you to me once. I just about melted me into a MILLION pieces.


He's doing better in the social department. It always takes him a few minutes to warm up to alot of kids at once....and even to his best friend Jacob if he hasn't seen him in a week. It's pretty funny.


At night when you rock him, if you aren't singing, he will start Jesus loves me or Twinkle, Twinkle. It's hilarious.


He currently says , "Ohhh Lord," all the time. Guess who's fault that is? Mine. The other night he was running around naked outside. He stopped to pick up a piece of chalk and squatted down. He started to pee, looked down and said, "Ohhh Lord!" We laughed forever about that one. Whoops.


He is OBSESSED with Mickey. I have to limit him to morning only Mickey TV time. He'd watch it all day if I'd let him. He will pick up the TV changer and say, "Minniedaisy or Mickey?"

One day we'll take him to Disney World. But, I think we'd all be overwhelmed at this point.


We're extremely excited about our vacation to Destin this summer with friends. I can hardly contain myself for the 1st week in July! Goodness!!!!


He is loving the park this month. He isn't afraid to go down ANY slide! This makes me nervous, because he just takes off and I'm at the top of the play thing!!


Anyways, we're debating about Mother's Day Out for the fall. I have mixed emotions about it because he doesn't go to school till he's 6! Stinking August birthday! I just feel alot of pressure to do it, however, I feel like once you start school, you don't stop! Any thoughts on this mommas?


Well, I guess I'll end this post. It's all about Titus anyways. I hope you weren't bored. :)





9 comments:

Kalliemack said...

you might feel pressure due to the area you live in... a lot of people in l/fm/hv do mothers day out but I don't feel like as many people do it here in corinth/denton. You just need to pray about what is best for your family and not compare yourself to anyone else.

My one problem with MDO is the kid takes a nap there, I know ever child needs a nap but I feel like my kid can nap at home for free. Also they get interaction with other children and authority(teachers) at the church. That is good enough for now and we will revisit it when he is maybe 3 or 4.

I have been asking myself about it too that is why I have so much to say.

The Lord will reveal what is best for you and your family.

Allison said...

We were down town FW during Passion. I loved seeing everyone walking around with their Bibles. Such a joyful crowd. Everyone I spoke to was just going on and on how amazing it was. That is so cool you got to be a part of it.

Titus is a doll. I love his hair. What a handsome guy he is!

Mindy Rives said...

Titus is PRECIOUS Molly. Too cute!! Who are you working for?

erin f. said...

Ok, I HAVE to comment on the preschool thing because I am in the same boat with Ellie (since they basically have the same birthday). I decided that going to school this year would be too much for me and her. I'm keeping her home until she is 3. That still gives her THREE whole years to go to some sort of mother's day out or preschool or whatever it's called before kindergarden. I have felt enormous pressure or even felt judged that I don't ALREADY have her in somewhere. I want to smuggly say "well I actually LIKE being with my baby, why would I want a break from that?" They are so little and I really don't imagine that I will look back someday and wish that I had put her in at 2. That's my 2 sense, just because I have debated the same thing.

Also, Ellie has a lot of trouble warming up to her friends at first. She gets really excited to see them but then usually greets them with "no no" or "mine." I have to bribe her to smile and wave and say hello to other people. She is very loving and affectionate with Todd and I and her grandparents but is a bit of a "bully" right now! Oh my goodness.

I won't even talk about how much Titus is saying...oh my goodness! E has just now started talking and she says just one word at a time. I am going to faint of pure joy when she says "I love you."

ThePoeFam said...

Love the post!!! Love the pictures! And, let's talk soon about the school thing! In a nutshell...don't do it yet! LOVE YOU!!!

Amanda said...

Feeling pressure to do MDO is definitely not the reason to do it. And I don't think a child that young *needs* it. But if you want to do it to give yourself a chance to run errands and have some alone time, then maybe you could sign him up and see how it goes. If you don't feel good about it, you could just withdraw him from the program. I hope that helps! BTW, Titus is absolutely adorable.

Sarah P said...

We waited to enroll Brooks until next year. I wanted him to be 3 at least before we started. I absolutely agree with the once they start school they don't stop thing! I have said those exact words! He is so little, my precious baby, and I am absolutely content to have him home with me. Now that he's getting closer to 3, I'm realizing that HE is ready. He knows all of his letters, colors, can count to 13 and adores Bible class. We took a tour of our preschool and he talked about it after - you could tell his brain was taking it all in. I was definitely the minority among our friends who didn't put their baby in MDO/preschool at age 2, but I was proud of that decision. I want to be the one raising him for as long as I can. That's why I stay home with him. Since I've got the option, I wanted to be the one to see his milestones, help him learn and spend time with him.

All that to say, every kid is different. With Brooks, now that he's gaining on 3, I'm realizing that even though I may not be ready, HE is. If he screamed every time he went to Bible class or didn't seem developmentally ready, I wouldn't have made that decision. And one thing that comforts me is knowing the preschool director and being acquainted with their system. For instance, I know that their policy is keeping age groups separated...so when Brooks is on the playground, it will just be with other young 3's. No 5 year old will be pushing him around.

As Titus gets closer to 3, you may see the same thing. But I wouldn't fret about what your friends think, or that he's missing out on education because he's not going to preschool at age 2. You're doing what's best for Titus! And you're doing a great job!

John and Natalee Warren said...

Hey girl,my 2 cents: I do agree that it isn't as common up here in Denton, at least in my circles. I don't really have a huge desire to put Liv in MDO or pre-school for that matter. If I do it will be b/c I "need" the time alone & don't think I'll do it before age 4. If in public school they have 18 years to be in school. I don't think it prepares them any better for school or social settings than a Mom like you can do at home, church and with friends. From an ex- elem school teacher perspective I always said that what your child learns has so much more to do with what is taught/done at home than at school & I see that to be true at this young age as well. I also have a pet-peeve about calling MDO or daycare "school" bc then kids actually go to school and its totally different but they think they've been in school their whole lives. Sorry, rabbit trail ;) I don't think you were doing that. Anyway, hope that made sense. But just think about what you are comfortable with and go with it. THere isn't a right or wrong, just what is best for your family! :)

carla's gateway said...

wow Molly girl... Mr. Titus is growning!! I love the Charlie/Micky picture! that's one GOOD dog!