Monday, March 15, 2010

Life with the Little Buddy

Peter often says we need to be more consistent about calling Titus by his real name instead of Little Buddy or Bubba. He says Bubba Abrigg doesn't sound near as good as Titus. Haaa. However, both of us are guilty. It just flows off the tongue alot easier. :)

Life with a 6 month old has been so much fun! The days go by alot quicker and we are much more exhausted by the end of the day. Titus loves to play and talk. Peter says he wishes he could be a fly on the wall during the day with the conversations he and I have. :) It's bliss. :)

We had Titus' 6 month well check a few weeks late last week. I didn't feel it necessary to have his shots the week after he was sick with RSV. Last week he weighed 18.15 lbs and was 27.5 inches long! He FEELS that heavy too! He's such a solid little chunk!

He's eating sweet potatoes, bananas, green beans, peas, squash and oatmeal. He's not a huge fan of carrots, so we've only given those a few times. He's also tried applesauce as well. For some reason he gags on fruit. Last night we were at Peter's parents house, and we gave him some applesauce. He does this shiver thing and makes this noise when he doesn't like something. We were all cracking up! I was so glad someone else saw it besides me. I'd love to get it on camera. It's a bit dramatic.

Titus also decided that he would get ALL FOUR of his top teeth in at once last week. :) I really didn't have any idea he was teething this time around until I looked in his mouth. There was definition where each tooth was about to come down! And, sure enough, they all decided to pop through. I was pretty proud of how he acted. He was rarely upset! I did give him Tylenol every once in a while to keep his spirits up. :) I'm a bit afraid of this little boy with 6 teeth!!! He's such an overachiever.

Thanks to spring forward, Titus has decided to go ahead and sleep 12 straight hours! Weird, but heavenly! I dropped his 10 o'clock feeding and I guess I dropped the 5 am feeding too!! My body was feeling it, so hopefully I'll get used to it if he keeps this up!

Titus is still rocking on all fours. He's been doing it for about 2 weeks and I just know he's going to take off at any moment. Life, as we know it will completely change.

We had a blast this weekend "shopping" at Northpark, eating dinner at Chuy's, going to the Arboretum, and playing with his cousins. He basically didn't take nap yesterday and did wonderful!! Thank goodness. :)

I also took Titus to the part last week to swing. Unfortunately, it was so stinking windy, so we didn't get to stay long! We'll head over there this week again. Praise the Lord for beautiful weather.

I'm really trying to soak in every single minute with this precious one. He is my joy and is such the snuggler and momma's boy. It makes my heart leap every time I hold him or rock him to sleep. He will snuggle into my chest and sleep there for hours! I love him so much.

Pictures to come soon.......

4 comments:

JENNY said...

I can't believe he has so many teeth already. Jude doesn't have any yet. haha. Don't you love a mama's boy?! Jude is so sweet to me, too. :)

Sum said...

my dad called all 3 of us girls "little buddy" growing up. And he still does!! It's my favorite nickname. :)

erin f. said...

We are still at a big whopping ZERO teeth! Oh my goodness.

Ellie is doing the same things Titus is right now, I guess we need to baby proof around here! I can say I am not really looking forward to the whole crawling thing but I am so excited for her, she just wants to take off so bad but just hasn't quite figured it out yet.

Isn't being a mama so rewarding?? I love those snuggles, there's no feeling like it in the world.

The Davis Daily said...

I can't believe he is 6 months already. I bet he is so much fun right now. Glad to see an update on the Abriggs.