Thursday, June 04, 2009

He has a name...

TITUS GARRETT ABRIGG


And that is what he shall be called. There is no real reason why his first name is Titus. Peter and I chewed on Jackson for a while, but then it just didn't feel right! I panicked. So, what did we do? We went to Barnes and Noble. Ahhaaaa. We grabbed a few baby name books. You know, the ones that say, "1000 Baby Names." We were overwhelmed with the task. we sat there for 2 hour and narrowed it down to Titus and few others. After milling over it for a week and calling him Titus, I decided that was it. Peter loves how strong this name sounds. Someone once said to me, "think of what his name will sound like as a man." So, that is just what we did! However, my friend Angela just told me that they read somewhere that it means "Defender." As they do, I pray that he be a defender of the Truth as Paul was in the book of Titus. Thank you Angela for that!!!! I forgot your little boy was named Titus. His middle name is Garrett, after Peter's oldest brother. He passed away when Peter was in the 3rd grade and we just want to carry on his legacy in the Abrigg family.

Titus, your dad and I are so proud of you already! We cannot wait until you are in our arms. Although scary, we know HE has chosen us as your mother and father and we couldn't be more amazed daily by His grace and greatness! We try to imagine what you will look like. Will you have your dad's dark curls, tan skin, and BEAUTIFUL face, or will you have your mom's fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair? Lord willing the first. :) HAHAaa...Just kidding. I've embraced my fair skin these days!

I'm currently listening to Christy Nockel's new album, "Life Light Up." So, powerful! GO GET IT! I always love it when she comes out with a new album. Her voice and her worship is just more than I can take. :) I actually had it blaring while outside while excavating our flower beds. TERRIBLE weeds. We have a party next Saturday night, and I am determined to make it pretty. I have no idea what I am doing.

Anyways, just wanted to announce his name. :) Little T it is. :)


10 comments:

annalee said...

and what a name it is! I LOVE IT!

the thorntons said...

I can't wait to meet Titus. I love that he is the only person I know with that name, but it's still not hard to spell!

You can "custom order" some blocks if you'd like. I can make them modern/boyish too! :)

angela said...

I LOVE it too... so much so that we named our little man Titus James. Most of the time I call him Ty, but he's our little mighty man Titus! We found someplace where it means "defender" and we pray for him to be a defender of Truth, as Paul encourages Titus to be in the Bible book of Titus. Love your middle name too though and can't wait to see pictures! Love to you.

Mindy Rives said...

Cute name!

Unknown said...

I think Titus is an awesome name!C ongratulations! Now you need to make sure you take things easy and rest up. No stressing! Hang on in there, before you know it your lil baby will be here. If you still fancy searching (maybe for middle names) http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search as you can look by origin and meaning! I just had my first baby, a little boy called Marlow. Love the blog - I really hope things go well for you hun and I'm looking forward to your birth story xxxx

Jamie said...

I love it and am so excited for you! See you next weekend.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that name!! Titus...He will be cute and adorable!! Can't wait to see some pictures...

Allison said...

Such an adorable name. You are right it is a strong name that he will wear proudly! Don't you just love being able to call that sweet baby by his name? It makes it even that more real! Congrats!!

KimBeau Hughes said...

I love it!!!! Such a strong name. Maybe we should start thinking of names for our boy? Since I am like 3 days behind you or something. Or can I wait 3 days, and then start thinking about it? Yes, I think I will wait.

Jana said...

thats exciting!!!