Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Nobody told me...

Nobody told me....

That starting around 17 weeks I would no longer be comfortable sleeping. Every night is a new adventure. As a matter of fact, last night I took a Tylenol PM so that I could sleep. But, what happened instead was, I woke up to go to the restroom, drunk with a half broken shoulder. Yea, that happens once a night. Luckily, I actually found the toilet. :)

That most of my weight gain would reside in my chest. :) If you know me, you know I PRAYED against this HARD as enough weight already took residence there. :)

That I would have acne like a 16 year old all over my back, arms and chest. Luckily I've only had a few on my face. THANK YOU JESUS.

That my dog would get sick because I took her to Petsmart to get haircut a few weeks ago. Apparently, her kennel cough shot wasn't updated. I was up with her all night and then had to take care of her for 2 days. I cried at the vet, telling them I was bad mom.

That it would be extremely difficult to choose a boy name. :) Luckily we have one and we love it! Sorry blog, I'm not ready to announce it to you yet. We just nailed it down this week.

That if I didn't eat protein for breakfast then I would almost pass out every morning. Learned this one the hard way. Luckily, there was and has been no passing out.

That my doctor's office would call me 6 months into my pregnancy to tell us we owed on our deductible asap. Why didn't they tell me that when I got pregnant? Lucky for them, I'm going to check and see exactly WHO I pay, them or the hospital.

That I would love my husband more today than I have ever before...I can't keep up with my love. :)

That Baby A would move 24 hours a day! Seriously! He doesn't stop!!! As a matter of fact, yesterday at my doctor's appointment, he kept either kicking or punching the heart doppler. My doctor, who really doesn't show much emotion, started laughing.

That my tailbone would hurt after sitting for only 5 minutes...even on a soft, comfy couch. Tailbone, did I break you? No, apparently baby is already resting on it. Weird?

.............................................................................................................................................................

OKAY OKAY...no more complaining! I just think some of these are really funny. On a more serious note, I'm really enjoying this part of my pregnancy. I prayed hard for the Lord to change my heart. To be honest, I hated the first trimester...and a few weeks into the second. I think I might have been a tad bit depressed. I hated that I felt that way, but when you go from healthy as a little lark, to sick as a dog for 3 months....it's hard to think about anything but your misery.

We've been busy getting the nursery ready. We struck out 3 times with paint, and decided on a color we'd used before. HHAA. The first coat is done....
Peter is going to lay some cool floors in there soon, and I can't wait! I'm not going to give it away quite yet!! :) Sorry, sorry. The bed is sitting in a huge box in the hallway, the dresser is still in Abilene and the armoir thing is in the guest bedroom. We've got stuff everywhere prepping. It's funny that we're putting off all of the other projects to do Baby boy's room. :) It's exciting.

Peter and I are taking a little trip this month for a short Baby Moon getaway. As much as we wanted to travel out of state, we felt we wanted to save our money. We promised each other we wouldn't be that couple that didn't travel as soon as baby comes. We love traveling and hope we get to see many more places!

I'm still terrible about taking pictures. Sorry....
Maybe I'll get better soon.

There's that for an update. Hope you took those "pregnancy woes" as funny. I truly am grateful to be carrying this human being in my belly. :) It's a surreal feeling and I'll forever be thankful.

Praying for all of you moms out there and those of you who are having trouble getting pregnant. I pray peace over you this weekend and miracles for all of you.

11 comments:

kim said...

I can't remember how exactly I stumbled across your blog but I've been reading for awhile now and just wanted to say congratulations on the coming new baby! How exciting (: Love to hear about all the new things you are experiencing -- and don't worry about complaining! Sometimes you're just not comfortable and it helps to vent! Congrats again and can't wait to read more of your journey to mommyhood!

Blessings,
kim

Ashley said...

Happy Mother's Day, Molly. ;)

Macy said...

Sleep was hard for a while, but got better the last few weeks....I guess to prepare for lack of sleep from Baby! Don't blame me for not warning you about the chest. I wasn't so lucky! I think that is only people who have a chest to begin with:(

Love you....can't wait to love and kiss Baby Boy

campers said...

I'm pretty sure we all knew the weight would reside in your chest :~)
More than likely you pay the hospital and the dr....FUN!!!!!! I LOVED seeing you and your little bump!!! And so glad you are feeling better! Love you!

Leslie said...

ah yes, the pregnancy woes. Amazingly enough though all of that pain everywhere will all go away the minute you deliver....or you won't remember that pain for another pain.

Its all worth it, have fun on your baby moon. I think it should be a must for all new parents.

linde said...

so, maybe being new to the blog world means that you leave your comment on the wrong post:) opppps! here is what i left you on an old post:

hey friend! i did just joint the bloggy world:) glad you are finally feeling better. i think the lack of sunshine affects my spirits a bit! i texted you some paint colors in case the color is a surprise. i would LOVE for you to come to canton or mckinney sometime. i'll let ya know when i am going again. that lil belly sure is preshy. lots of love!!

Jodi said...

Happy Mom's Day!!

Girl, I hope at least the sleeping part gets better for you. Never did for me, but hopefully yours will! Preggo sleeping is even worse than sleeping when a newborn is home, so at least you can count down! So excited about Baby Boy, and I love reading your writing. Cracks me up. :)

carla's gateway said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
what a neat deal huh? I remember Troy giving me a beatiful rose gold bracelet the mother's day before we had Em... still one of my favorite memories. As for "woes".... once they are shared, the quite multiplying and start dividing. (but you already know that huh?)
I'm loving it that you are RELISHING these days as you and Peter are 2 about to be 3. IMPORTANT! one last thought... It wasn't until Em and El's pregnancies that it dawned on me something VERY unique to us moms... when you are pregnant, you HOUSE not only 2 bodies within you, but 2 spiritual beings... a double blessing I'm thinking that ONLY moms get to know. Like May housed the earthly temple of God Almighty... she always was 2 times over the fleshly temple of the HOLY GOD of CREATION. amazing thoughts for me to try to get my mind around.... what a joy... MOTHERS... soooo again, Happy Mother's Day Molly!

carla's gateway said...

ok... so I do know how to spell.. just maybe not type... "they quit"... and "Mary".. not "may"... oh well.. you got it huh?

Katie Tuley said...

You still crack me up girl! And I think you've got the longest blog list I've ever seen. You look awesome, and congrats on your little man who's on the way. Being a mommy is wonderful, and you'll be GREAT at it!

Those Tonnes said...

I am right there with you with all those things. I started going to the chiropractor at about 18 weeks - it has helped tremendously. Can't wait to see your little boy!