Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sad and Happy and Sick

UPDATE: This was written on Saturday....


A few things.

Let's start with the hardest part....



My parents dog, Carly, who is a 15 year old Dachsaund is missing. She's been missing since Friday around 2:00pm. The most horrible part is that my parents cleaning lady let her out in the front yard to go to the bathroom...which is where she normally goes, but always comes to the door....well, she forgot about her. 2 hours later she realized it and panicked. She went on a search for about an hour and then decided to call my dad. He couldn't get out of surgery so he called my mom. She rushed home and then they continued to look for her until around 8 last night. Signs are posted everywhere, phone calls have been made and doors have been knocked on. Several people in the neighborhood said they saw her, but she is nowhere to be found. She's not even at the pound. My parents put an add in the paper this week as well.



Poor little Carly is overweight and old. Bless her heart. I have a really hard time not thinking about it being freezing cold last night and her being out there by herself. My mom is putting on a happy face, although she is deeply devastated. She loves that dog with all of her heart, and Carly loves her.



We are hopeful! But, I'm sad. I can't wrap my mind around it and can't stop crying. It's borderline ridiculous. I laid in bed with Charlie, our yellow lab, this morning and just snuggled and loved on her until 11am. I was depressed thinking about it.



So, moving on...we have to move on and believe that someone has her. They'll probably soon realize that she's fat and her breath stinks and take her to the pound...we hope anyways.







Another sad story that I can't seem to shake is Kelly and Harper's story. Please, please, please beg for the Lord to intercede in that baby's lungs!!!! She was born last night at 9lbs and 12 ounces with pneumonia. Kelly had a lot of trouble getting pregnant and had a wonderful pregnancy. She started a prayer blog for women who are also having trouble getting pregnant. Please intercede for her, Harper, and the women on the prayer blog. You can find that link on her blog as well.







Okay now on to the HAPPY.

UPDATE::
Went to the doctor on Monday and the baby was measuring smaller than what he originally thought 3 weeks ago. So, I'm 8.5 weeks today. We saw the heartbeat and the little bambino. Surreal and crazy.

I can't help but share this, although I'm a bit nervous. But, I've decided I can't worry anymore about it. I'll be 9 weeks pregnant on Monday. Yes, we are having a baby!!!!! It's surreal and all I really know is that I'm sick. Not as bad as most people, but bad enough. Every day I push through and remember those women who have trouble getting pregnant. Know that I'm praying hard daily for those who can't. I realize the blessing and I am more thankful today of my life and my body than I ever have been before. Due date is around August 31st!




Here's a little picture of how we told our families on Christmas Eve. What a FABULOUS Christmas present!! I'll say!!!!!! Please excuse our missing baseboards in the this picture. Thanks.





Nothing much else has been going on except work, sleep and attempting to eat. We actually got out and went to a movie last Sunday night.

Christmas was wonderful. We started off the week at Peter's parents here in the metroplex and then headed to Abilene for 3 days after that. We did alot of eating and sleeping and playing Wii. I guess that's just about what everyone else did. I got angry with the drums on rockband a few times. When are they going to get women's songs? Ridiculous.



New Year's was fun too...as much of it as I was awake anyways. We spent it with close friends downtown. The tiredness of pregnancy hit that day like a FREIGHT TRAIN!! I was not expecting it and it basically took me down. I laid in Rachel and Craig's bed and was out from about 10:30 until 11:59pm. They woke me up for the countdown, and then I got right back into the bed. I couldn't even handle it. We got home around 2:30am and then I slept all night and the rest of New Year's Day. PATHETIC!!! .


Well, I guess that's enough information for now. Pray for my dog Carly, Harper and Kelly, and this pregnancy.

Love you all!!!!!

21 comments:

Sharee Forman said...

WOOOOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be such an amazing mommy!! Hang in there, the sickness eventually gets better! So happy for yall!!!

Mindy Rives said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

sharon said...

yay!!! every time it shows up in my reader that you have a blog update, i always hope to read what you just shared! (well, not about the lost carly or sick baby part...) congrats, molly! i am super excited for you.

and i'll have my parents be on the lookout for carly. same thing happened to my mom's fave dog, feller, about a year ago in that neighborhood. she still looks for him every time she goes on a walk! maybe feller and carly are hanging out together and they will BOTH be found. :)

schwalka said...

Yahoooo!! Congrats Molly! I'm so so happy for you!

the thorntons said...

I still can't believe you're gonna be a MOM!! I'm so excited for you, and even though I don't envy your sickness, I know it's going to be such a great 9 months awaiting this precious baby.

Can I admit that I cried when I heard about Carly too? I can't even imagine! I'm praying that she finds her way home...she knows where she's loved!

I haven't talked to you in too long!

Laura said...

I love it that you are pregnant and so happy you are going to be a Mommy! You will be precious! And my heart breaks about your precious dog Carly. Life is not fair and that story just makes me so sad. Love you, hugs and kisses to baby Abrigg!

Calista said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! I hope you start feeling better soon. Those first months are hard. I remember too well but it will get better. May God continue to shower you and Peter with many blessings during this exciting time.

SickBabyNurse said...

Congrats on the pregnancy:) I hope the sickness passes soon. I know your parents are ecstatic.
Please update on Carly. I know Steve & T are sick w/o her home at night. I cannot imagine what your Mom is going through. We Love your fam, Mol.
-Jaime

Kelli said...

Congratulations!! Don't worry that sick feeling will just disappear overnight and you will feel like a new woman!

allyo said...

I am so happy you finally updated. I have been waiting for this post! I am so sorry about Carly...I know the pain of losing your dog. The worst part is knowing that they could be just down the street and you would never know it. Not a day goes by that I don't look for Saedee as I drive through our neighborhood. I am praying for carly, your parents and you!

We are so excited about the sweet baby growing inside. I am sorry that you are sick. I know nothing anyone says can make you feel better (been there...done that), but just hang on girl. The minute you look into your baby's eyes, you know that it was all worth it.

Love you and miss you!

Sum said...

So excited for you!!! Congrats!!! :)

The Clem Family said...

Congrats Molly! Having just gone through all the ups and downs of pregnancy myself, I can certainly say that it is all worth it in the end when you are holding your sweet baby in your arms. Hang in there...you will get some energy back! I look forward to seeing updates along the way!

ThePoeFam said...

YAY for this post! I loved seeing the "BIG SIS" T! :) Such a great idea...I'm so very sorry about Carly! I'll pray for her...and for you...and for your sweet baby that I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET! You are going to be such a precoius mommy and I can't wait to watch you go through this amazing journey...and can't wait to have "mommyhood" in common with you! I LOVE YOU SO!!!...
P.S. Check my blog...I tagged you!

carla's gateway said...

already told you how happy we are... that is foremost, but oh my Molly girl... did they find Carly? my heart is wrenched for your mom and for the family... us and our animals!!! you know that I believe that they will be in heaven!! Jesus is riding a white horse, and I believe that our love for our critters allows them entrance even though they have no spirit. I always chuckle thinking how many of my 4 legged friends my grandmother is having to play with till I get to join them. yes, I know not truly theologically sound.. but rather Carlaish wouldn't you say. I do think they'll be there for us!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

Congrats!!! yeah am so excited for you guys...think the pregnancy bug must be going around again at The Village:))))) love it!!!!:)))

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on being pregnant!! No worries about sleeping all day...I used to do that when I was pregnant with Perryn before we even knew I was pregnant...thankfully I was on summer break from teaching. Sending you some hugs.
Elizabeth

Laura said...

OhMolly -- Congratulations!! I just found out yesterday that my sister-in-law is pregnant and you two seem to have the same due date!! Babies everywhere!! I'm SO happy for you and L-O-V-E-D the way you told your folks!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations, Molly! So excited for you!! I'm sorry to hear about missing Carley, though. :(

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Congratulations! So excited for August to get here for y'all!

Eat snacks often to help with the sickness, and take LOTS OF NAPS!

Tigpan said...

I am so excited for you! :)

2 other things...
I am praying for the dog! I know what it is like to lose an animal and our family is a dashund family ourselves.

and my cousin just turned 22 and he was born very prematurely with almost no lungs!
God is a worker of miracles and I am praying for you and those you love right now!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Congratulations!!! I try to keep up with you on your blog. This is such great news!

Juli Beth